Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Camera

I’m going to buy a camera today.

I keep putting it off because I want the “biggest and flashiest” one going. I keep dropping the stupid things into the water, and then they stop working. Go figure.

So I’ve been looking for a waterproof one. The cheapest is around $350, and that’s not a little purchase at the moment, so I still don’t have one. But bugger it, I was sitting on the front veranda yesterday afternoon, the light was soooo beautiful, glowing through the blinds and reflecting off the hand of bananas hanging next to the table. It was amazing, and all I wanted was to capture it.

So I’m going to go to the Good Guys (a cheapo electrical place here) and getting one for about $90. They’re fine, I don’t want to publish the things for God’s sake, just take some snaps. And at that price it doesn’t matter so much if I involuntarily wash it. Again.

So get ready, you’re going to be inundated with photos. I do live in one of the most beautiful places in the world afterall, so there’s plenty of subject material.

Brittany’s paying off her IPod today as well (that’s why we’re going to the electrical store, I’m a girl, that sort of stuff doesn’t really interest me all that much). She’s so proud of herself, finally buying something with the money she’s earning instead of spending it on nothing. Now I have to get her to start the savings thing. God knows how, I’ve never managed to do it myself very well.

Ah well, the universe will provide!

No comments: