Monday, March 30, 2009

Family

Saturday night really annoyed me.

Seriously, my family really needs a reality check. I invited them over for dinner and what did they do? Got stupidly stoned, came over & criticized, kept chasing the little kids & telling them what to do (they know what they’re allowed to do in my house, and if they don’t, they ask ME) didn’t eat (‘cause they’d were SMASHED) and then went home when they started to straighten up. I know it's fun to do these things, I do them myself. Not at a dinner party.

And they wonder why I don’t bother to invite them over for dinner very often.

That would be why.

And my poor cousins felt like they were under fire for not watching the babies all night. I didn’t care, they were fine.

And I’d spent a bit of money on the ingredients for the dinner, as well as spending all afternoon preparing it.

Anyway, that’s my whinge, I’m done now.

Well, for today, anyway.

2 comments:

Jodene said...

That does suck Deb! Next time they don't deserve all your hard work and preparation. Invite them over and order a pizza!

family affairs said...

That so sounds like the sort of thing my family would do when I'd cooked them a lovely meal Lx